Pets can play a huge role in many of our lives. They often are seen as another member of the family! We love our pets and they can impact us in so many ways. Many good ways, but also some bad ways; for example, tracking in dirt and filth from the outdoors, shedding hair, or just creating a general mess in your home. A home with pets can be difficult to clean and to keep clean. This is why we have compiled some different, easy tips and tricks for keeping your pet and home as clean as possible!
- Stains are inevitable, especially with pets! Pets can have accidents, knock things over, etc. this is why using stain-resistant spray can be extremely beneficial! Spraying your furniture with a stain protectant spray will help prevent spills from staining and also makes for easy cleaning!
- Another way to avoid stains can be by purchasing stain resistant carpet. Some types of carpet are specially made for homes with pets. This carpet can be great for all the dirt, shedding and other accidents that come with having animals in the house.
Pets That Shed
- Brush your pets regularly. Brushing can help remove hairs that would eventually fall out around the house. It also prevents hair from building up and will make cleaning later much easier! It also keeps a pets coat healthy which leads to less shedding.
- One cool tip for cleaning dog hair is to wear a rubber glove. We found this great video that helps explain this process! https://www.bhg.com/homekeeping/house-cleaning/tips/this-dog-hair-cleanup-trick-is-basically-some-kind-of-sorcery/?utm_campaign=bhg_trueanthem&utm_content=5b4d93f704d3010ba81bd9c9_boe&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook You just need to wear a rubber glove and just wipe/rub your hand through the carpet. Static from the carpet and glove make the hair stick to the glove and makes it very easy to clean hair from deep in the carpet. This will work great for small areas you can’t get to with a vacuum, stairs, rugs, and even your clothes!
- Along with preventing dirt and hair from entering your house, clean your pet as soon as possible. If your pet has been outside, especially on a wet/rainy day, make sure to clean your pet and its paws before it enters the house. Keep rags by the door for convenience. If your pets gets really dirty, giving them a bath is always a good idea.
- Another tip for keeping a home with pets clean is by giving your pet a bed or pillow. If your pet always lays or sleeps in the same spot, put a pillow or bed there. This will keep the area from discoloration, stains, or other potential damages.