The thought of buying a home can be overwhelming, especially if you are a first time homebuyer. You may wonder where you even begin on the journey to owning your own home. Well, we are here to help! Knowing where to start financially is a great place to begin. Below is a list of tips to take into consideration when you are thinking about buying a home. Remember, these aren’t set rules regarding what you have to do when buying a house, but we think they are important and beneficial!
1.) Work on paying off debt
- Having few or little debt will increase your chances of being pre-approved for a mortgage.
2.) Start saving money to be used for a down payment
- Down payment amounts can vary, but having money saved looks great to lenders.
3.) Find out what your credit score is and work on improving it
- A low credit score can hinder a homebuyer’s chances of getting the best possible mortgage.
4.) Don’t add to your debt
- Unless absolutely necessary, try not to purchase anything on credit because it can reduce your credit score.
5.) Try not to switch jobs
- Consistent employment and pay history looks good to mortgage lenders.
6.) Research which REALTOR® and mortgage lender to use
- Finding a REALTOR® and mortgage lender that fits your needs is important and will help make the home buying process easier for you.
We hope these tips have helped! For an in-depth explanation of these tips, please click on the following link to visit the information source:
This is a great article that explains each tip in-depth, and it can help answer any further questions you have!
Sian, P. (2017, August 3). 7 smart things to do prior to buying a home. Cincinnati & Northern Kentucky Real Estate. Retrieved from http://www.cincinkyrealestate.com/blog/7-smarts-things-to-do-prior-to-buying-a-home/